Writing is perhaps 20 percent creative; the other 80 percent depends on good time management. A strategic plan can save time and dramatically increase your output and efficiency.
When Americans talk about technology, they often use “innovation” as a shorthand. But “innovation” refers only to the very early phases of technological development and use. While innovation — the social process of introducing new things — is important, most technologies around us are old, and for the smooth functioning of daily life, maintenance is more important.
The NYT says: It’s not a pipeline problem. It’s about loneliness, competition, and deeply rooted barriers.
Google launched Project Aristotle to discover the perfect mixture of skills, backgrounds, and traits that produce successful teams. After conducting 200-plus interviews, they pinpointed the following key characteristics:
2. Structure and clarity
5. Psychological Safety
Innovation is fundamentally about solving problems — and there are as many ways to innovate as there are types of problems to solve. There is no one “true” path to innovation.
We need to start treating innovation like other business disciplines — as a set of tools that are designed to accomplish specific objectives. Just as we wouldn’t rely on a single marketing tactic or a single source of financing for the entire life of an organization, we need to build up a portfolio of innovation strategies designed for specific tasks.
Culture change can’t be achieved through top-down mandate. It lives in the collective hearts and habits of people and their shared perception of “how things are done around here.”
When the going gets tough, true leaders take action: This email from Elon Musk to Tesla employees is a master class in emotional intelligence.
Using data to its full potential is much more about management than technology, Harvard Business Review says. It can present opportunities for profit and competitive advantage, from product improvements to new revenue streams and possible industry game changers.
Five tips from Harvard Business Review to stay in the game long after you’ve left the office.
Harvard Business Review argues that a face-to-face request is 34 times more successful than an email.